Volubilis Moulay Idriss & MEKNES
10 hours duration of the visit is of a morning or afternoon.
Moulay Idriss & MEKNES Volubilis
Tour designed to meet three of the most amazing places in Morocco, essential for anyone visiting Fez Volubilis, Moulay Idriss and Meknes
Pick up at the hotel or riad at 9:00. We head west to get to Volubilis, the ancient Roman city where the best preserved and most visited archaeological sites in Morocco. The area was declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco in 1997. Volubilis occupies 40 hectares and is located 33 kilometers north of Meknes. His name is pronounced in Arabic Oualili or Walili. Excavations show that the first inhabitants of the city were the Carthaginians in the third century BC Later in the year 42 AD, the city was annexed to the Roman Empire. The Roman city once numbered more than 20,000 people mainly dedicated to the cultivation of wheat, since the ordered production Rome. Volubilis is part of the Roman Empire until the late third century, when it was held by Berbers, Greeks, Syrians and Jews. A late eighth century, Idris I made Volubilis his refuge. After proclaiming emir will be demonstrating a direct descendant of Mohammed Idris I in Volubilis I became the birthplace of Islam in the area. Volubilis was abandoned in the eighteenth century, when the Lisbon earthquake destroyed buildings and the city was plundered to build palaces in Meknes.
• Private Tourthere will be no more people in the group.
• Pick up at the hotel, riad, airport or transportation right place and Toyota Landcruiser 4×4 (groups up to 6 people). For groups ask price.
• Driver-guide speaks Spanish or any other language (Catalan, French, Portuguese, Italian, English and German). Our driver-guide are local people, simple, friendly, that will make them of translators, accompany and guide them during their tour.
• Fuel, tolls and all costs associated with transportation.
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED
• Meals and drinks at noon.
• Tickets, tickets to monuments and tips.
• Local Guide degree in Arts in Meknes and Volubilis.
• Any other activity not specified in the itinerary.